Spinach Stuffed Chicken Rolls
Ingredients (4 Servings – 4 Rolls)
– 500 g chicken or turkey breast (or chicken)
– 250 g spinach (I used fresh young spinach)
– 2 eggs
– Panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or brown bread crumbs
– 1 teaspoon paprika powder
– Fresh black pepper and salt
– Cut 4 thin slices of chicken or turkey breast.
– Put the slices between two pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap/foil and gently pound with a mallet until very thin.
– Trim the pounded breast until it is roughly a rectangle.
– Put the rest of the turkey breast in the blender, add the spinach, 1 egg, nutmeg, fresh black pepper and salt and blend.
– Distribute the turkey mixture over the slices of Turkey.
– Roll them tightly and wrap in a plastic foil (like a bonbon)
– Put the turkey rolls in the freezer for 1 hour
– Mix the panko or brown bread crumbs with the paprika powder
– Beat one egg with fresh black pepper and salt
– Remove the plastic foil from the rolls.
– Coat with egg (first) and brown bread crumb (second)
– Put the coated turkey rolls in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes on 180°C
– You can serve these warm or cold
Nutritional Facts (1 Serving – 1 Roll)
Energy: 223 cal
Protein: 33.1 g
Carbohydrates: 11.2 g (sugar 0.7 g)
Fat: 5.2 g (saturated 1.1 g)
Fiber: 3 g